For reference on bulk uploads see this article: Bulk Uploads
This page will give Journal Upload specific bulk upload detail
Choose a file to upload and Currency to Upload the Journals In.
The upload template file is attached at the bottom of this article. Fields highlighted are required
*Fields headers are not case sensitive
*All grouped fields for Journal.<xyz> should be the same value. i.e. Journal.sourceLedger should be the same value for all grouped Journal.number fields
- Journal.number - unique id that groups line items together to form one journal entry
- transactionDate - Transaction date of entry
- postedDate - Posted date of entry
- Description - 255 character line item text field
- debit - debit amount of entry
- credit - credit amount of entry
- Journal.sourceLedger - Source Ledger of entry. This field is case sensitive, must be one of "Financial" "AR" "AP" "Inventory"
- Journal.reference - 255 character text field for this entry
- Location.id - Location ID value for this line item
- ICLocation.id - Inter-Company Location ID value for this line item
- LedgerAccount.number - Ledger Account number for this line item. Omit any leading zeros
- ICAccount.number - IC Ledger Account number for this line item. Omit any leading zeros. Required if ICLocation.id is set.
- CostCenter.id - Cost Center ID value for this line item
- Customer.id - Customer ID for this line item
- Vendor.id - Vendor ID for this line item
- Job.number - Job number for this line item
- Journal.entryType - Entry type for this journal entry. This field is case sensitive, must be one of "Standard" "Reversing". If reversing, reverseDate is required
- reverseDate - Date Journal entry should be reversedMust be the same vale for grouped entry(Journal.number)Must be on or after postedDate
- Product.id - Product ID value for this line item
- Journal.notes - Long form text for this entry
3. Click Upload and Post.
Depending on the number of entries, this could take several minutes to upload.
If there is one or more errors. A table of errors will appear.
The first column will either read "CSV Row" or "Journal Number"
- CSV Row - signifies the row in the uploaded file causing the error(s) in the second column
- Journal Number - signifies the Journal.number value causing the error(s). Usually a result of debit/credits not balancing
After resolving the errors, re-upload the file to complete the process.