This page allows you to manage your linked bank and credit card accounts. Once an account is linked you are able to pull in a list of transactions and post journal entries based on the returned data.
The following columns are available for each bank account
- ID - Bank aggregators internal ID value for this account. Defaults to hidden.
- Name - Name of the account, this can be overridden by the "Update Name" action(see below).
- Number - Last 4 digits of the account number.
- Account ID - Unique ID used to group a set of accounts pulled in from a single set of credentials. Defaults to hidden.
- Type - Type of linked bank (e.g. Credit Card, Bank)
- Provider - Provider/Institution of the linked bank (e.g. Chase, Wells Fargo)
- Provider ID - Provider unique identifier. Defaults to hidden.
- Status - Latest status from the linked bank (e.g. All Data Received). Hover over the status for more detailed information. This is useful for troubleshooting failed data pulls.
- Next Update - Date of the next automatic update to bring in transactions will occur
- Last Update - Date of when the last update to bring in transactions occurred
- Current Balance - Month-to-date balance for the linked bank (this is the bank balance, not the balance for the ledger account within SoftLedger)
- Ledger Account - User-selected ledger account to link to bank transactions upon creation in the Reconcile tab
Navigate to Link Banks and click Add Bank/CC
Once you click Add Bank, you will be prompted to select your financial institution.
Enter your credentials and click Submit.
Note: If you change your bank account details such as your password, repeat the above process to update your bank integration.
Link Ledger Account
Once your financial institution is connected, all accounts will be available to link to a ledger account using the link button at right. Linking to a ledger account allows you to import the bank or credit card feed for reconciliation.
Select the respective ledger account to link by clicking the below icon:
And selecting the ledger account from your chart of accounts:
Depending on the institution you may need to manually refresh your account data. This could occur if your MFA token expires after a certain amount of time, your username/password has change, or if an unexpected error occurs and you need to retry.
You can refresh the data feed by clicking the Cog icon:
You'll notice that when you hover over the refresh data icon, certain rows will be highlighted. The highlighting indicates all the accounts that will be refreshed you when click the refresh button. Multiple accounts are refreshed from a single button when they share the same set of credentials(username/password). You can also tell this by looking at the Account ID column.
Change the Name and Memo by clicking the Edit icon:
If you have an account that shows up persistently that you would prefer to never show up again(even if you re-add it, or refresh the provider data). You can click the hide button. Please be aware that this cannot be undone from the UI(for security purposes). If you have hidden an account in error and would like to show it again, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can delete the linked bank by clicking the Delete icon. Clicking this icon will remove all bank transaction data stored in the bank aggregator. If you have deleted a single account from a provider you can still add it back by following the steps to "Add Bank/CC" above. If you have issues deleting a bank and it continues to show up(happens with certain providers), please use the Hide action above. If you remove all accounts for a set of credentials(Provider ID) the provider will have to be re-added. Transactions that have been reconciled to journal entries will still show as reconciled in SoftLedger even after deleting (and even re-adding) the account.