Manage invoices from this page
Enter all required fields and click submit.
When an invoice is created, its status is 'created', and associated journal entries are created in 'draft' status.
An invoices journal entries cannot be modified, you must edit the invoice itself and the associated journals will be updated.
Once an invoice is Issued, the journal entries will be posted.
The following fields are available
Customer - Invoice's customer
Template - Template to use when created a PDF of this invoice. See this article for more information: Templates
Invoice Date - Date of the invoice
Posting Date - Journal posted date of the invoice. This value is used as the transaction and posted date of the linked Journal.
Type - optional type field for invoices. You may type to create a new type on the fly.
Due Date - Date the invoice is due
Location - Location to post the invoice to
Intercompany Location - Inter-Company Location to post the invoice to
AR Account - Ledger Account to use as the Accounts Receivable side of the journal entry
Currency - currency invoice is created in
Reference - optional reference text field.
- Item/Description - click to toggle between a description/item/kit line item.
- Job - The line items associated job, only this customers jobs will be available
- Product - The line items product.
- Invoice Account - if the line item is a description type, this will be the alternate side of the journal entry from the AR Account
- Quantity - Number of items
- Amount - Price per item
- Total - Quantity * Amount
Drop here to add attachments - Drag and Drop attachments to upload them and associate them with the invoice
Notes - Long form text field for extra information regarding this invoice
Details - Click the invoice number to view the invoice's detail Page. For more information see this article: Invoice Details
Attachments - - Click to view a list of the invoices attachments and download.
PDF - - Click to bring up a PDF preview of the invoice. Click anywhere on the preview to download the invoice
Issue - - Click to issue the invoice. This does the following
- Set the invoice to status 'issued'
- Posts invoice associated journal entries
- If System Settings "Email On Invoice Issued" is On then a PDF of the invoice will be emailed to the customer's email address if set.
Email - Click to resend the invoice to the customer's email address.
Create IC Document Journal - Click to create an IC document journal entry for this Invoice
Edit - Update invoice fields
Void - - Void invoice. This does the following
- Sets the invoice to status 'voided'
- Posts a journal entry reversing the issued entry.
Delete - Delete this invoice
Delete Selected - Any selected invoices will be deleted. If an invoice is selected that cannot be deleted it will be skipped.
Issue Selected - Any selected invoices will be issued. If an invoice is selected that cannot be issued it will be skipped.
Update Selected - Allows you to bulk edit the date fields of one or more invoices. Any invoices that cannot be updated(issued/voided/etc.) will be skipped.
Get PDFs Selected - All selected invoices will generate PDFs which will then be downloaded. Ensure your browser's security settings allow you to download multiple documents.