Manage Sales Quotes and Orders from the page in the screenshot below, accessible via Sales>Sales Orders. Either create a Sales Quote, that will later be approved to become a Sales Order, or create a Sales Order as the first step, skipping the quote process (see workflow below).
Sales Quote/Order Work Flow
A Sales Quote/Order can have the the following stages:
Add/Edit Sales Order
Enter all required fields and click submit. You can also click the down arrow next to the submit button and click 'Submit and New' to open a new blank Sales Order to complete.
*You can create one as either a Quote or an Order. A Quote can later be converted to an order.
The following fields are available:
- Type - Choose whether this will be a Quote or an Order
- Template - PDF template to use
- Quote Date - Date the Quote is valid
- Expiration Date - Date the Quote expires
- Order Date - Date the Order is valid
- Delivery Date - Date the order is expected to be delivered
- Customer - SO's Customer (click the + icon to Add New Customer)
- Location - Location to post the invoice to
- Intercompany Location - Intercompany Location to post the invoice to
- Currency - currency invoice is created in
- Notes - Long form text field for extra information regarding this object.
- Drop here to add attachments - Drag and Drop attachments to upload them and associate them with the object
- Item/Description/Kit - click to toggle between a description/item/kit line item.
- Cost Center - The line items associated cost center
- Job - The line items associated job, only this customers jobs will be available
- Product - The line items product.
- Inventory Account - if the line item is an Item this is a reference to the Item's Inventory account.
- Quantity - Number of items
- Amount - Price per item
- Tax Code- Select the tax code to apply a percentage tax to the Sales Order
- Tax Amount - Populated from the Tax Code or manually entered
- Total - Quantity * Amount + Tax Amount
- Details - Click the blue highlight text in the Number column to view the SO's detail Page. For more information see this article: Sales Order Detail
- Attachments - - Click to view a list of the SO's attachments and download.
- PDF - - Click to bring up a PDF preview of the SO. Click anywhere on the preview to download the SO
- Email - Click to send the SO to the Customer.
- Delete - Delete this Quote/Order
- Create Invoice - Create an Invoice from the contents of the Sales Order
- Create Purchase Order - Create a Purchase Order from the contents of the Sales Order