Receive and apply cash from this page.
The following diagram shows the steps possible from the time you receive cash through marking an invoice as paid.
- The first step is to create a cash receipt. More detail can be found here.
- Next you can delete/void the cash receipt or continue the workflow by applying the cash receipt to one or more invoices. More detail can be found here.
- Once applied, a payment is created. From here you can delete the payment or approve it. More detail can be found here.
- Once a payment is approved, it can be voided to reverse the posted journal entries. In addition the cash receipt and invoice will be updated.
- You can continue to apply cash receipts to invoices until the receipt is fully applied or the invoice is fully paid.