This page describes the work flow involved with paying vendor bills.
This diagram shows all the steps you can take while paying a bill:
A bill can be paid from three different sources. Below are the steps for each source.
Manual Payment or Printed check
- Manual payments are a way to mark bills as paid and potentially print the associated check to send to the vendor.. You can mark a bill as manually paid from the Bill Pay screen. For more information see here.
- Each bill payment creates a payment object. From here you can approve or delete the payment object.
- Once approved you can print the check or void the payment. For more information see here.
Send a Check
- SoftLedger can mail check payments to your vendors automatically. For information on setting up Check Payments send us a message!
- The payment flow is the same as Manual payment with one difference. When the payment is approved, the check will be created and mailed to the vendor address you've selected.
- Once the check is mailed it cannot be voided.
- A vendor credit can be created following instructions here.
- A vendor credit can only be applied to bills with the same currency.
- Once a credit is applied a payment object is created. The payment can either be deleted or approved from here.
- Once approved the bill and vendor credit are updated. The payment can also be voided. For more detail on payments see here.