Pay Bills with manual payments, checks, or previously created Vendor Credits from here. The Bills available from this page will be limited to those with status "approved" or "partial payment". Currently, you can not group Bills together to be paid via one Payment, but you can make multiple Payments against one Bill.
The following columns are available in the table
- Number -The Bill number.
- Due Date - The date the Bill had been marked due.
- Reference - Bill Reference field
- Vendor - The Vendor the Bill was created for.
- Location - The Location the Bill was created in.
- Amount - The total amount that the Bill was created for.
- Amount Due - The amount left to be refunded on the Bill.
- Amount To Pay - Amount to apply to the already created Bill.
- Payment Date - Date to mark as paid.
- Posting Date - Date to use to post associated Journal Entry.
- Memo - Text field for description of applying Bill that can be reviewed on Payments page.
Create Bill Payments
- Select which Payment Method (Manual, Vendor Credit).
- Select which Ledger Account to use to apply funds from for the Payment (e.g. a Cash account) for one or more of the rows of Bills in the table.
- NOTE: A default account can be set for this Ledger Account for payment, please see Settings > Account.
- Enter the Amount to Pay in the corresponding row(s) for the Bills to create a refund payment for.
- Enter Payment and Posted Dates on the row(s) of any lines with Amount to Pay entries.
- Enter an optional Memo on the row(s) of any lines with Amount to Pay entries.
- Click the Pay button next to the Ledger Account selection at the top of the table.
- Confirm the payments:
Once confirmed, the amounts will be applied to the Vendor as Payments, but will need to be approved on the Cash Management>Pay Bills>Payments tab (if your settings require this).
Note: Add the Amount to Pay, Dates, and Memos for multiple rows at a time and Pay and Confirm rather than creating Payments row by row.
Individual Row Actions
Each row has the following actions:
- AutoFill Row - Click to fill the Amount to Pay field with the Amount Due, and fill the Payment and Posted Dates with the system date in the upper right corner.
- Clear Row - Clear out any entered data in the row.
Pay Bills Table Actions
- Filters - Filter what appears in the table based on one or more fields available in the table.
- Saved Views - You can create a set of filters that you would like to save to be able to quickly filter a table.
- Column Selector - Hide and reveal extra columns and the number of rows visible in the table per page.
- Export - Table data can be exported using the export button at the top of the table.
- Vendor Credits need to be created prior to being applied against Bills