TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Sales Quote/Order Work Flow
- Add Sales Quote/Order
- Sales Order Individual Actions
Sales Quote/Orders are used when selling goods or services to a Customer. You can create a Sales Order with an Item to adjust a Warehouse's stock in Inventory, or just use descriptions to signal the selling of something that is not tracked by Items in Inventory in SoftLedger. Manage Sales Quotes and Orders from the here.
Sales Quote/Order Work Flow
A Sales Quote/Order can have the the following stages:
Add Sales Quote/Order
Enter all required fields and click submit. You can also click the down arrow next to the submit button and click 'Submit and New' to open a new blank Sales Order to complete.
*Note: You can create one as either a Quote or an Order. A Quote can later be converted to an order.
Required Sales Quote/Order Fields
- Type - Choose whether this will be a Quote or an Order.
- Template - PDF template to use.
- Quote Date - Date the Quote is valid.
- Expiration Date - Date the Quote expires.
- Order Date - Date the Order is valid.
- Delivery Date - Date the Order is expected to be delivered.
- Customer - SO's Customer (click the + icon to Add New Customer).
- Location - Location to post the SO to.
- Currency - currency SO is created in.
Optional Sales Quote/Order Fields
- Intercompany Location - Intercompany Location to post the SO to.
- Reference - 255 character text field to reference this SO.
- Notes - Long form text field for extra information regarding this SO.
- Drop here to add attachments - Drag and Drop attachments to upload them and associate them with the SO.
Sales Quote/Order Line Item Fields
- Item/Description/Kit - Click to toggle between a description/item/kit line item.
- Cost Center - The line items associated Cost Center.
- Job - The line items associated Job, only this Customer's Jobs will be available
- Product - The line items Product.
- Inventory Account - If the line item is an Item this is a reference to the Item's Inventory Account.
- Quantity - Number of items.
- Amount - Price per item.
- Tax Code- Select the Tax Code to apply a percentage tax to the Sales Order.
- Tax Amount - Populated from the Tax Code or manually entered .
- Total - Quantity * Amount + Tax Amount.
Sales Order Individual Actions
The following are available from the Actions column on the far right of the table:
- PDF - Click to bring up a PDF preview of the SO. Click anywhere on the preview to download the SO.
- Email - Click to send the SO to the Customer.
- Delete - Delete this Quote/Order
- Details - Click the blue highlight text in the Number column to view the SO's detail page.
- Attachments - Click to view a list of the SO's attachments and download.
- Create Invoice - Create an Invoice from the contents of the Sales Order
- Create Purchase Order - Create a Purchase Order from the contents of the Sales Order