While there is a default Trial Balance report included in the reporting module, it may be beneficial to create a Trial Balance in the custom report editor for enhanced control and customization of the report. A few reasons you might want to create this report:
- Run from specific dates (e.g. Jan 15 to Feb 15)
- Exclude Ledger Accounts or Ledger Account Subtypes not wanted in the Trial Balance
Trial Balance Custom Report Setup
- Create a New Report under Admin>Reports
- Title the report "Trial Balance" (or any other name)
- Click the vertical three dot icon and Select Accounts
- Select all the Ledger Accounts or Ledger Account Subtypes desired to bring into the Trial Balance report (it is recommended to map by Subtype)
- Save the report and then run it in the Reports>Financial module.
Check out the report editor article for more details on custom reports.