Manage your custom financial reports such as a Balance Sheet or Income Statement setup and mapping from Settings>Reports:
Create New Report
Click +New, to add a new financial Report.
- Report Group Name - This will be the top level name of the Report.
- Invert Balance - If true, the statement will display credits as positive.
Select a Report Group and click Submit to begin editing a report:
The following actions are available:
- Save Report - Save any updates you have made (be sure to save often and before leaving page).
- Edit Details - Edit the Report Name or toggle Invert Balance.
- Create Copy - Create a new report using the current report as a template.
- Delete - Permanently Delete this report (cannot be reversed).
Note: Report Groups contain one or more child Report Groups. They may also contain one or more "Report Mappings", which contain either a Ledger Account or a Ledger Account Subtype (see below).
The Report Editor allows the following actions:
- Drag and Drop Report Groups
- Add Group
- Edit Details
- Select Account
- Remove mapping
Drag & Drop Groups
- Grab the "handle" (grey hamburger menu icon) on the left side of the group and drag it to a new position.
- The Group can be dragged to a new nested location or change its order in the current level of the hierarchy.
- If Group is moved, all the children Groups will be moved along with it.
- Click the vertical ellipsis icon, then click Add Group to add a new child Group.
Click the vertical ellipsis icon, then click Select Account. Choose a Location and then select the Mapping Type:
- A single Ledger Account.
- A Ledger Account Subtype, that will pull all Ledger Accounts with that Subtype.
- A Formula, primarily used to map Current Period Net Income to the Balance Sheet:
SUM(debit - credit) for all Revenue and Expense Journal Entries, within the Date Range selected for the Report (excluding any Closing Entries)
Note: It is recommended to map by Ledger Account Subtype, as this will ensure that any future ledger accounts added to an already mapped Subtype will be added into your created custom reports. To check all of your Subtypes are mapped, you can export the Financial>Accounts tab and compare the available Subtypes to those mapped in your reports.
- Click the vertical ellipsis icon, then click Delete to remove this Group and ALL of its children Groups.
- Click the X icon for the report mapping to remove it from the Group.