SoftLedger has the ability to bulk upload objects (e.g. Journal Entries, Invoices, etc.) from csv/excel files to facilitate data creation.
All bulk upload pages will have a similar table and fields as follows:
The following fields are present on this screen:
- Name - Name of the file uploaded. Click the name to pull up the jobs status and detail.
- Run On - The timestamp when the bulk upload job was run.
- Type - The type of bulk upload job, this will be the type of object (e.g. Journal in this screenshot above).
- ID - The System Job Identifier. Throughout the platform (e.g. Financial>Journals, Journal Report), you can filter via System Job ID number, signifying that Journal Entry was created as a result of this bulk upload job.
- Status - status of the job (completed, failed, or queued).
- Progress - progress of the job. Click the Refresh Button to update the status of any outstanding jobs
You can upload either a csv or xlsx format file in the appropriate template through the +New button with a window such as this:
- Select the file in csv or xlsx format
- Select the currency for the transaction currency of the data in the upload
Bulk upload errors will mostly have two columns. The first column will be a reference to the file row causing the issue, and the second column will be the comma separate list of errors on that row.
See the specific bulk upload articles and templates below:
- Bulk Upload Journal Entries
- Bulk Upload Invoices
- Bulk Upload Bills
- Bulk Upload Crypto Transactions