SoftLedger enables agile business decisions with real-time financial reporting.
View your consolidated and unconsolidated custom Financial reports, broken out by different locations and dimensions within SoftLedger.
In order to create/edit these reports, see this article: Edit Financial Reports
Filters and Inputs
These are the options for initial filters of the report:
- Report - The financial report to view (e.g. Balance Sheet, Income Statement).
- Type - The report type determines how the financial group balances are displayed, (e.g how the report is segmented across columns). See below for further information on each report type.
- Currency - Select the currency in which you wish to generate this report.
- Journal Status - Limit balances to include journals in Draft, Posted, or All statuses.
- Start Date - Limit results to journals posted on or after this date.
- End Date - Limit results to journals posted on or before this date.
- System Location Picker - In addition to the visible filter options at the top of the page, the system location picker will also limit results to the journals posted in the selected location or any of its children. For more detail on this see this article: System Location Picker. If a new location is selected after clicking submit, the report will instantly refresh with the new consolidated location data.
- Comparative Date Range - You can compare two different date ranges side by side when choosing the Report Type as Customers/Vendors or Dimensions (Cost Center, Product, Jobs, or Custom). Toggle On the Compare Date Range selection to choose a second set of Start/End Dates:
After the report is displayed you can perform the following actions:
- Switch the system location - This will re-consolidate the report with respect to the selected location
- Expand/Collapse groups to view the report easily
- Drill into listed balances - Click any balance to view all the journal entries that sum to the balance in question.
- Export the report to CSV
Note: For all Dimension Types, greater selection granularity is available. For example, Once a Dimension Type is selected, a select box will populate to select the options to display in the report.
The Location financial report will provide balances for all first level child Locations(entities), the balance for the selected Location(not including child locations) and the total (Consolidated column).
The month financial report provides balances broken down by month for the selected date range. The maximum date range is 12 months.
Cost Centers, Products, Jobs, Custom Dimensions
These financial reports will provide balances broken down by object. The 'None' column is all journals without an object selected. As with the other reports the "Consolidated" column is the total for all columns.
Customer and Vendors
These financial reports will provide balances broken down by customer or vendor as the column headers. The 'None' column is all journals without a customer/vendor selected. As with the other reports the "Consolidated" column is the total for all columns.