Create, issue, edit, and manage Invoices in Accounts Receivable within SoftLedger from here:
Enter all required fields and click submit. You can also click the down arrow next to the submit button and click 'Submit and New' to open a new blank Invoice to complete.
Required Invoice Fields
- Customer - Invoice's Customer (Click the + icon to Add New Customer)
- Template - Template to use when created a PDF of this Invoice. See this article for more information: Templates
- Invoice Date - Date of the Invoice
- Posting Date - Journal posted date of the Invoice. This value is used as the transaction and posted date of the linked Journal.
- Due Date - Date the Invoice is due
- Location - Location to post the Invoice to
- AR Account - Ledger Account to use as the Accounts Receivable side of the journal entry
- Currency - currency Invoice is created in
Optional Invoice Fields
- Type - optional type field for Invoices. You may type to create a new type on the fly.
- Intercompany Location - Intercompany Location to post the Invoice to.
- Sales Order - Link to an existing Sales Order.
- Reference - optional reference text field
- Notes - Long form text field for extra information regarding this Invoice
- Attachments - Add one or more files to the Invoice.
Invoice Line Item Fields
- Item/Description/Kit - click to toggle between a description/item/kit line item.
- Job - The line items associated job (only the selected Customers jobs will be available).
- Product - The line items product.
- Invoice Account - if the line item is a description type, this will be the alternate side of the journal entry from the AR Account.
- Quantity - Number of items.
- Amount - Price per item.
- Tax Code- Select the tax code to apply a percentage tax to the Invoice.
- Tax Amount - Populated from the Tax Code or manually entered.
- Total (calculated)- Quantity * Amount + Tax Amount
Invoice Individual Actions
The following are available from the Actions column on the far right of the table:
Attachments - Click to view a list of the Invoices attachments and download.
PDF - Click to bring up a PDF preview of the invoice. Click anywhere on the preview to download the invoice
Issue - Click to issue the invoice. This does the following:
- Set the invoice to status 'issued'
- Posts invoice associated journal entries
- If System Settings "Email On Invoice Issued" is On then a PDF of the invoice will be emailed to the Customer's email address if set.
Email - Click to send or resend the Invoice to the Customer's email address.
Create IC Document Journal - Click to create an IC document Journal Entry for this Invoice.
Edit - Update Invoice fields
Void - Void Invoice. This does the following:
- Sets the Invoice to status 'voided'.
- Posts a Journal Entry reversing the issued entry.
Delete - Delete this Invoice.
Details - Click the Invoice number to view the Invoice's detail Page. For more information see this article: Invoice Details
Invoice Bulk Actions
- Issue Selected - Any selected Invoices will be issued. If an Invoice is selected that cannot be issued it will be skipped.
- Delete Selected - Any selected Invoices will be deleted. If an Invoice is selected that cannot be deleted it will be skipped.
- Void Selected - Any selected Invoices will be voided. If an Invoice is selected that cannot be voided it will be skipped.
- Get PDFs Selected - All selected Invoices will generate PDFs which will then be downloaded (Ensure your browser's security settings allow you to download multiple documents).
- Update Selected - Allows you to bulk edit the date fields of one or more invoices. Any invoices that cannot be updated(issued/voided/etc.) will be skipped:
Invoice Table Actions
- Filters - Filter what appears in the table based on one or more fields available in the table.
- Saved Views - You can create a set of filters that you would like to save to be able to quickly filter a table.
- Column Selector - Hide and reveal extra columns and the number of rows visible in the table per page.
- Export - Table data can be exported using the export button at the top of the table.
- When an invoice is created, its status is 'created', and associated journal entries are created in 'draft' status.
- An invoices journal entries cannot be modified, you must edit the invoice itself and the associated journals will be updated.
- Once an invoice is Issued, the journal entries will be posted.