Purchase Orders are used when purchasing goods or services from a Vendor. You can create a Purchase Order with an Item to adjust a Warehouse's stock in Inventory, or just use descriptions to signal the purchasing of something that is not tracked by Items in Inventory in SoftLedger. Purchase Orders can later be linked to Bills.
Create and edit Purchase Orders from here:
Add Purchase Order
Enter all required fields and click submit. You can also click the down arrow next to the submit button and click 'Submit and New' to open a new blank Purchase Order to complete.
Required Purchase Order fields
- Vendor - PO's Vendor (click the + icon to Add New Vendor).
- Template - PDF template to use.
- Warehouse - Warehouse to receive items to (click the + icon to Add New Warehouse). The Journal Entries will be created in the Location that this Warehouse is assigned to.
- Delivery Date - Expected delivery date of items.
- Issue Date - Journal posted date of the Purchase Order.
Optional Purchase Order fields
- Reference - 255 character text field.
- Currency - currency Purchase Order is created in.
- Location - The PO will be posted in the Location of the Warehouse, but this Location field can be used for visibility of POs in certain Locations (as you can use the Location Picker to adjust the PO table).
- Intercompany Location - Intercompany Location to post the Purchase Order to.
- Inventory Accrual Account - Ledger Account used to record the liability upon receiving items, prior to entering the related bill into Accounts Payable.
- Drop here to add attachments - Drag and Drop attachments to upload them and associate them with the object.
- Notes - Long form text field for extra information regarding this object.
Purchase Order Line Items
- Item/Description/Kit - click to toggle between a description/item/kit line item.
- Cost Center - The line items associated cost center.
- Job - The line items associated job.
- Product - The line items product.
- Inventory Account - if the line item is an Item this is a reference to the Item's Inventory account.
- Quantity - Number of items.
- Amount - Price per item.
- Tax Code - Select the Tax Code to apply a percentage tax to the Purchase Order.
- Tax Amount - Populated from the Tax Code calculation OR manually entered.
- Total - Quantity * Amount + Tax Amount
Purchase Order Individual Actions
The following are available from the Actions column on the far right of the table:
- Details - Click the PO number to view the PO's detail page.
- Attachments - Click to view a list of the PO's attachments and download.
- PDF - Click to bring up a PDF preview of the PO. Click anywhere on the preview to download the PO.
- Email - Click to email an issued PO to the Vendor.
- Delete - Delete this PO.
- Void - Void PO. See Below for More Details.
VOID Purchase Orders
- PO’s can be voided if they are in created status OR if they are in issued status AND the quantityReceived for all lines is 0.
- Voided PO’s cannot be deleted
- You cannot receive (create a shipment receipt) against a voided PO.
Purchase Order Bulk Actions
- Issue Selected - Any selected POs will be issued. If a PO is selected that cannot be issued it will be skipped.
- Unissue - Any selected POs will be unissued. If a PO is selected that cannot be voided it will be skipped.
- Delete Selected - Any selected POs will be deleted. If a PO is selected that cannot be deleted it will be skipped.
- Get PDFs Selected - All selected POs will generate PDFs which will then be downloaded (Ensure your browser's security settings allow you to download multiple documents).
Purchase Order Table Actions
- Filters - Filter what appears in the table based on one or more fields available in the table.
- Saved Views - You can create a set of filters that you would like to save to be able to quickly filter a table.
- Column Selector - Hide and reveal extra columns and the number of rows visible in the table per page.
- Export - Table data can be exported using the export button at the top of the table.