Part numbers are unique numbers/text assigned to items per vendor.
Use case: Let's assume you have an item, a wrench. That item can be purchased from various vendors, Home Depot (HD) and Lowes (L) in this example. In SoftLedger, items can be assigned a part number, "HD145", for vendor Home Depot, and part number "L145" for vendor Lowes. This way you can differentiate between items across vendors.
How it works
Under either Item or Vendor Detail you will now see a tab labeled Part Numbers
Click on this tab and you’ll see a list of current part numbers associated with either the Vendor or Item that you are currently in.
Click add to add a new Part Number
- If you are currently in a Vendor, the vendor will be locked to the Vendor you are in. Conversely, if you are currently in an Item, the Item will be locked to the Item you are in.
- Select the other fields (all are required) and add the desired part number.
- Click submit and you’re done! You’ve now created a part number
- In the list of part numbers, you can select the three dots on the end of any row to access options for that part number. You can either select edit or delete.
- If you select edit, just update the part number to the new part number you’d like to use and click submit. The other fields are not able to be changed.
- If you select delete, just click confirm to permanently delete the part number.
Part numbers can be used on purchase order PDF files per line item. This enables vendors to receive POs that “speak the vendors language”
Vendor/Item Part Numbers can now be uploaded in Bulk. See Dimension Upload article
- partnumber -